Imphal, 31 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthongbam Biren has asserted that NIA will probe into the missing case of 56 pistols from Arms kote of 2nd Manipur Rifles. Speaking to media persons at CM Secretariat today, the Chief Minister said the case is not only breaching of the State Security but also the National Security. He maintained that the arms kote of 2MR is under strict security vigil 24 hours and that there has not been bigger cheat than this in the history of Manipur. He stated that the situation has made the Government and the people insecure. Biren stated that the arms were brought in to the State in September 2014. An FIR was filed at Imphal Police Station after CO of 2nd MR registered a case for the same. The Chief Minister said 5 persons including 2 personnel of 2nd MR have been arrested. He stated that there is suspicion that there might be political involvement in the case. Biren said the case will be handed over to the specialised NIA. Cabinet Ministers, BJP MLAs, Police and administrative officials also attended the Press meet.
CM Biren says NIA will probe into the missing case of 56 pistols from Arms kote of 2nd Manipur Rifles
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.