Imphal, 29 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Football fans of the State stormed the office of All Manipur Football Association (AMFA) in demand to resolve the issue of withholding the Oldest Football tournament of the North East, CC Meet and Manipur State League today. Members of Football Lovers Manipur stormed the office, however, the office was closed as there were no officials of AMFA in the office at the time. The protestors chanted slogans demanding the officials of AMFA to resign and not to play petty politics in sports. Meanwhile a team of Police personnel rushed to the spot and stopped the protest. Speaking to media persons, Co-Convenor of Football Lovers Manipur, Suresh Sougaijam stated that the fate of Football in the State which is considered as the Power House of Sports is indeterminate and condemned the silence of AMFA on the matter. Suresh maintained that the issue is the root cause of the failure of Manipur in Santosh Trophy and other National Level Football Tournaments. He expressed suspicion that AMFA is playing politics and questioned how the players were selected to represent Manipur and demanded AMFA to resolve the issue at the earliest. He warned of resorting to various forms of agitation. It may be mentioned that the State league was put on halt since November last year on account of a controversy and the CC Meet of the current year has not been commenced yet. A case is underway regarding the matter in the High Court of Manipur.
Football fans throng AMFA Office over league chaos; protest not to politicise sports
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MPCC delegates led by Former CM Okram Ibobi leave Imphal to meet Prime Minister
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.