Imphal, 11 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Health minister, L. Jayantakumar launched the second round of the 3-day Intensified Pulse polio Immunisation programme by administering polio drops to children of the state. The minister expressed that the government aims to administer polio drops to 2 lakh, 91 thousand and 68 children below 5 years of age. Health & family Welfare Services and State Health Society, Manipur under the aegis of the Indian Government jointly organised the programme with the main objective to prevent children from polio diseases. Speaking at the event held on the campus of Family Welfare Service, BT Road, the minister expressed that the programme was organised with the aim to completely eradicate polio diseases completely. He appealed to the people of the state to co-operate and to give awareness to those who have little knowledge of the disease. The Minister maintained that the Indian Government is giving all out efforts to completely eradicate polio in the country, however, precautionary measures is mandatory as there is high risk of the polio virus entering the border states from the neighbouring countries especially Myanmar. He earnestly appealed to the people of the state to give their full co-operation in bringing a strong and healthy state.
Health minister, L. Jayantakumar launches second round of the 3-day Intensified Pulse polio Immunisation programme by administering polio drops to children
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.