Imphal, 09 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the prestigious ‘‘Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017’’ to Chirom Indira of Manipur at Rastrapati Bhavan, New Delhi yesterday . The award is conferred every year on International Women’s Day organised by Ministry of Women & Child Development, Govt. of India. The highest civilian award for women was presented to Chirom Indira from Thangmeiband Lairenhanjaba Leikai, Imphal West, as a recognition for her immense contribution to women empowerment, and upliftment of socio-economic conditions and for her sacrifice in the handloom sector. Chirom Indira is a renowned woman entrepreneur, Designer, Exporter and social worker in North East India. She is also a national awardee who has also received the All India Women Entrepreneurs Award 2018 (Super Achiever Award) conferred by the Ministry of Textiles, Design Development of Handloom Products, Delhi Management Association.
President Kovind honours Chirom Indira of Manipur with prestigious ‘‘Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017’" on International Women's day for her various contributions yesterday
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.