Imphal, 12 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 42- hour State wide bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affected normal life in Manipur. The proscribed outfit imposed the 42 hours bandh in the state from 6 this morning allegedly against the government’s failure to address the charter of demands submitted by the MoU signatory group in the ongoing assembly session till last Saturday, the stipulated time given by the outfit. Although the bandh does not have much effect in the hill districts, it hits the valley districts. Major markets in the valley districts wear a deserted look with shops, schools and colleges remaining closed. No passenger service vehicles are seen plying on the major roads of the Imphal City except for some private vehicles. The State government is keeping a strict security vigil to prevent any untoward incident during the bandh as the Assembly Session is also underway.
State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.