Imphal, 12 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 42- hour State wide bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affected normal life in Manipur. The proscribed outfit imposed the 42 hours bandh in the state from 6 this morning allegedly against the government’s failure to address the charter of demands submitted by the MoU signatory group in the ongoing assembly session till last Saturday, the stipulated time given by the outfit. Although the bandh does not have much effect in the hill districts, it hits the valley districts. Major markets in the valley districts wear a deserted look with shops, schools and colleges remaining closed. No passenger service vehicles are seen plying on the major roads of the Imphal City except for some private vehicles. The State government is keeping a strict security vigil to prevent any untoward incident during the bandh as the Assembly Session is also underway.
State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- Business transactions resumed at the Indo-Myanmar No Men’s Land vfter shops and warehouses were gutted down by the massive fire
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.