Imphal, 12 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 42- hour State wide bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affected normal life in Manipur. The proscribed outfit imposed the 42 hours bandh in the state from 6 this morning allegedly against the government’s failure to address the charter of demands submitted by the MoU signatory group in the ongoing assembly session till last Saturday, the stipulated time given by the outfit. Although the bandh does not have much effect in the hill districts, it hits the valley districts. Major markets in the valley districts wear a deserted look with shops, schools and colleges remaining closed. No passenger service vehicles are seen plying on the major roads of the Imphal City except for some private vehicles. The State government is keeping a strict security vigil to prevent any untoward incident during the bandh as the Assembly Session is also underway.
State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.