Imphal, 05 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : Irate Members of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD tried to storm the Assembly demanding the BJP led Government to remove Keep in Abeyance of the PWD employees who were appointed in 2016 today. The employees headed towards Assembly from Thangmeiband Muji Khun raising slogans for the same. However, security personnels stationed at the Assembly tried to stop the protestors as the Assembly session was underway at the moment. Later a team of Imphal West Police led by SP, Themthing Ngashangva and Additional SP (Law& Order), Priyadarshani controlled the situation. The protestors fled as the team rushed at the spot. However some of the employees were arrested under the order of SP, Themthing Ngashangva. Speaking to media persons, Spokesperson of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD, Athuipou Thaimei said the former Government gave appointment order to them in 2016. He said the new BJP-led Government verified the employees again in April 2017 and issued new appointment order on April 19 and gave postings the next day on April 20. Athuipou Thaimei said the BJP-led Government , all of the sudden kept the employees in abeyance after they started attending office on April 29. He said that the association has time and again raised the issue to the Chief Minister and the concerned Minister ,however , they have not received any response from the Government even after one year.
Irate Members of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD tried to storm the Assembly
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.