Imphal, 05 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : Irate Members of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD tried to storm the Assembly demanding the BJP led Government to remove Keep in Abeyance of the PWD employees who were appointed in 2016 today. The employees headed towards Assembly from Thangmeiband Muji Khun raising slogans for the same. However, security personnels stationed at the Assembly tried to stop the protestors as the Assembly session was underway at the moment. Later a team of Imphal West Police led by SP, Themthing Ngashangva and Additional SP (Law& Order), Priyadarshani controlled the situation. The protestors fled as the team rushed at the spot. However some of the employees were arrested under the order of SP, Themthing Ngashangva. Speaking to media persons, Spokesperson of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD, Athuipou Thaimei said the former Government gave appointment order to them in 2016. He said the new BJP-led Government verified the employees again in April 2017 and issued new appointment order on April 19 and gave postings the next day on April 20. Athuipou Thaimei said the BJP-led Government , all of the sudden kept the employees in abeyance after they started attending office on April 29. He said that the association has time and again raised the issue to the Chief Minister and the concerned Minister ,however , they have not received any response from the Government even after one year.
Irate Members of Newly Appointed Employee Association PWD tried to storm the Assembly
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.