Imphal, 05 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : The BJP led State Government's total estimated budget of 13 thousand,7 hundred 33 point 62 crore rupees for the year 2018-2019 was tabled before the house in the Assembly, today. Some Opposition members left the house without attending the presentation of the budget estimate citing discontentment that their point of order was not put up appropriately by the speaker in the house. Finance Minister, Yumnam Joykumar tabled in the house revenue reciepts at 12 thousand 648 point 94 Crore rupees, and capital reciepts at 1 thousand 84 point 68 Crore rupees. Finance Minister, Y. Joykumar stated that the total estimates of State’s own tax and non tax reciepts assumed in the Budget Estimates are 1 thousand 47 point 58 crore and 248 point 53 crore respectively. Joykumar said that the state's share in Central taxes and Duties is expected to increase by 15 per cent over 2017-18 (RE) and have been estimated at 4 thousand 908 point 76 crore rupees in the budget estimates. The Finance Minister further stated that the total expenditure estimates for 2018-19 is estimated to be 13 thousand 731 point 04 crore rupees out of the Consolidated Fund of the State, an increase of 3.68 per cent over 2017-18 revised estimates of 13 thousand 243 point 67 crores. He said the revenue account is estimated to be in surplus. The fiscal deficit for the year is estimated to be (- minus) 612 point 41 Crore rupees. In the revised estimated revenue of 2018-19, out of 38 point 25 percent, GSDP will be 37. 34 per cent. On the second day of the 4th session of the 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly, today, Finance Minister, Y. Joykumar presented Demands for Supplementary Grants at 1 lakh 31 thousand 884 point 33 as Grants for Supplementary Demands for the year 2017-18. Chief MInister, Nongthombam Biren tabled the 5th Business Advisory Committee, 2018 in the house, today. One minute silence was maintained and obituary reference given to the late member of the house, Holkholet Khongsai from Saikul Constituency. After the Budget Estimate was tabled in the house, with no other further agenda was there to discuss, speaker of the house adjourned the assembly session for the day.
BJP led State Government presents total estimated budget of 13733.62 crore rupees for the year 2018-2019
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.