Imphal, 01 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren innaugrated the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board at Imphal West DC Complex, Lamphelpat today. Speaking at the inaugural, Chief Minister, Biren stated that it will be decided whether the board can be upgraded to the level of a directorate. He inaugrated the Administrative and Laboratory section at the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board, today. He maintained that people of the state will be acquainted with common sense and civic sense regarding pollutions. Biren said efforts are on to curb throwing of wastes and garbages in Nambul River running through Khwairamband market. He said order has been already issued and police personnel deployed to catch people throwing garbages at Nambul river. While speaking in connection with traffic rules violators in the state, the Chief Minister said he was shocked to see a viral video of a cat waiting for green signal at a zebra crossing in Japan. Forest and Environment Minister, TH. Shyamkumar, Chairman of MPCB, L. Radhakishore, MLAs, Top Officials of various departments and many people attended the innaugural event. Taking part at the event, Forest and Environment Minister, TH. Shyamkumar asserted that pollution is on the rise in Manipur. He condemned those who have not availed themselves door to door garbage collection facility till date. Shyamkumar drew the attention of the Chief Minister and suggested not to allow inidividuals without proper garage to buy vehicles.
CM Biren inaugurates the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board at Imphal West DC Complex, Lamphelpat today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.