Imphal, 30 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : The nation is paying homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary today. He was assassinated on this day in 1948. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the Father of the Nation at Rajghat in New Delhi this morning. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chief Sonia Gandhi, Congress President Rahul Gandhi and leaders from different political parties also paid tributes. An inter-religious prayer was organised on the occasion. Mr Modi and Mr Naidu will attend the inter-faith prayer meet in the evening at Gandhi Smriti, Tees January Marg.The nation also observed a two-minute silence at 11 AM on Martyrs’ Day. Earlier in a tweet, President Kovind said, the nation gratefully remembers Mahatma Gandhi and the countless freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for Independence.
State joins the Nation in paying homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.