Imphal, 30 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : The nation is paying homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary today. He was assassinated on this day in 1948. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the Father of the Nation at Rajghat in New Delhi this morning. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chief Sonia Gandhi, Congress President Rahul Gandhi and leaders from different political parties also paid tributes. An inter-religious prayer was organised on the occasion. Mr Modi and Mr Naidu will attend the inter-faith prayer meet in the evening at Gandhi Smriti, Tees January Marg.The nation also observed a two-minute silence at 11 AM on Martyrs’ Day. Earlier in a tweet, President Kovind said, the nation gratefully remembers Mahatma Gandhi and the countless freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for Independence.
State joins the Nation in paying homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.