Imphal, 30 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : The nation is paying homage to Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary today. He was assassinated on this day in 1948. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the Father of the Nation at Rajghat in New Delhi this morning. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chief Sonia Gandhi, Congress President Rahul Gandhi and leaders from different political parties also paid tributes. An inter-religious prayer was organised on the occasion. Mr Modi and Mr Naidu will attend the inter-faith prayer meet in the evening at Gandhi Smriti, Tees January Marg.The nation also observed a two-minute silence at 11 AM on Martyrs’ Day. Earlier in a tweet, President Kovind said, the nation gratefully remembers Mahatma Gandhi and the countless freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for Independence.
State joins the Nation in paying homage to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 70th death anniversary
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.