Imphal, 19 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister N. Biren and Rajya Sabha MP and BJP Manipur Pradesh President K. Bhabananda met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh at New Delhi yesterday. Biren and Bhabananda categorically asked the Union Minister not to overstep the State Government while reaching a conclusion to the framework agreement between the Centre and NSCN-IM. The duo also requested the Union Minister to direct the UP Government to handover the case of Pravish Chanam's death to CBI at the earliest during the meeting. They discussed about sanctioning of additional IRB Battalions for Manipur, helicopter scheme, vacating Old Koirengei Airfield currently occupied by Territorial Army and introduction of a new Surrenderees' Rehabilitation Policy. The Chief Minister also separately met BJP National President Amit Shah and discussed about the various ongoing developmental projects in the State. He also met the BJP National Secretary and North East in-charge Ram Madhav and discussed about various issues and developmental works being taken up in Manipur. Chief Minister requested the three leaders to visit the State for the 1st Anniversary celebration of BJP-led State Government on March 15, 2018.
CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.