Imphal, 19 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister N. Biren and Rajya Sabha MP and BJP Manipur Pradesh President K. Bhabananda met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh at New Delhi yesterday. Biren and Bhabananda categorically asked the Union Minister not to overstep the State Government while reaching a conclusion to the framework agreement between the Centre and NSCN-IM. The duo also requested the Union Minister to direct the UP Government to handover the case of Pravish Chanam's death to CBI at the earliest during the meeting. They discussed about sanctioning of additional IRB Battalions for Manipur, helicopter scheme, vacating Old Koirengei Airfield currently occupied by Territorial Army and introduction of a new Surrenderees' Rehabilitation Policy. The Chief Minister also separately met BJP National President Amit Shah and discussed about the various ongoing developmental projects in the State. He also met the BJP National Secretary and North East in-charge Ram Madhav and discussed about various issues and developmental works being taken up in Manipur. Chief Minister requested the three leaders to visit the State for the 1st Anniversary celebration of BJP-led State Government on March 15, 2018.
CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.