Imphal, 14 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 29th Driver’s day was observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land at ISBT, Khuman Lampak today. Addressing the observance organised by All Manipur Road Transport Drivers and Motor Works Union, CAF & PD Minister, Karam Shyam appealed to the driver union not to seize work abruptly whenever an issue occurs. Responding to a request made by the members of the Union, the Minister assured that the Government will provide a location to set up an office of the Union. Karam Shyam also advised the drivers to work sincerely and not to look down on themselves. He expressed dissatisfaction to witness that few number of drivers showed up at the observance of the drivers’ day. Speakers at the event opined that a society cannot be complete without the service of the drivers. They also urged the Government to repair Jiri Lambi, Lamdhang and Haflong road before it is too late. The Minister, family members of the deceased drivers and those present at the event offered floral tribute to the portraits of the late drivers. Karam Shyam presented the best driver award which carries 25 thousand cash prize sponsored by Proprietor of Heirangoithong Service Station, Muhindro to Salam Romen on the occasion.
29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.