Imphal, 09 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : State observed the 184th death anniversary of Maharaja Ghambir Singh at his memorial site at Langthabal, Canchipur, today. The memorial ceremony was organised by State Archaeology Dept of Art & Culture. Speaking at the observance, Chief minister Nongthongbam Biren asserted that one should think of one's motherland as one venture into politics. He opined that a person who has no love for his motherland and his countrymen will never take any developmental works. He urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland. Biren disclosed that Maharaja Ghambir Singh's memorial site will be developed in consultation with an International level consultant at the earliest. Minister of Art & Culture, Langolakpam JayentaKumar, Minister of CAF & PD, Karam Shyam , many Ministers and MLAs were among those present at the event.
Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.