Imphal, 09 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : State observed the 184th death anniversary of Maharaja Ghambir Singh at his memorial site at Langthabal, Canchipur, today. The memorial ceremony was organised by State Archaeology Dept of Art & Culture. Speaking at the observance, Chief minister Nongthongbam Biren asserted that one should think of one's motherland as one venture into politics. He opined that a person who has no love for his motherland and his countrymen will never take any developmental works. He urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland. Biren disclosed that Maharaja Ghambir Singh's memorial site will be developed in consultation with an International level consultant at the earliest. Minister of Art & Culture, Langolakpam JayentaKumar, Minister of CAF & PD, Karam Shyam , many Ministers and MLAs were among those present at the event.
Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
- Accountant General of Manipur stresses need for financial discipline
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.