Imphal, 09 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : State observed the 184th death anniversary of Maharaja Ghambir Singh at his memorial site at Langthabal, Canchipur, today. The memorial ceremony was organised by State Archaeology Dept of Art & Culture. Speaking at the observance, Chief minister Nongthongbam Biren asserted that one should think of one's motherland as one venture into politics. He opined that a person who has no love for his motherland and his countrymen will never take any developmental works. He urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland. Biren disclosed that Maharaja Ghambir Singh's memorial site will be developed in consultation with an International level consultant at the earliest. Minister of Art & Culture, Langolakpam JayentaKumar, Minister of CAF & PD, Karam Shyam , many Ministers and MLAs were among those present at the event.
Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.