Imphal, 07 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : In commemoration of the 289th year of Puya Meithaba (burning of scared manuscript), the 40th three-day Black Day observance organised by International Observation Committee on Puya Meithaba (ICOP) commenced today on Regular School campus, Nambol in Bishnupur District. Giving the Keynote address at the observance, Convenor of ICOP, Moirangthem Naokhomba Meitei maintained development is hindered in Manipur as the sacred Manuscript of the State was destroyed by the outsiders. He said no one will restore and protect the sacred Manuscript unless people of the hills and the valley join hands. Naokhomba said the observance will also be held in other parts of Manipur. Councillor of COSHEM, Ph.Mantri, Councillor, of Nambol Municipal Council, Heisnam Somendro and Principal of Special Regular English School, Maisnam Kenedy were among those present at the observance.
3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.