Imphal, 07 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : In commemoration of the 289th year of Puya Meithaba (burning of scared manuscript), the 40th three-day Black Day observance organised by International Observation Committee on Puya Meithaba (ICOP) commenced today on Regular School campus, Nambol in Bishnupur District. Giving the Keynote address at the observance, Convenor of ICOP, Moirangthem Naokhomba Meitei maintained development is hindered in Manipur as the sacred Manuscript of the State was destroyed by the outsiders. He said no one will restore and protect the sacred Manuscript unless people of the hills and the valley join hands. Naokhomba said the observance will also be held in other parts of Manipur. Councillor of COSHEM, Ph.Mantri, Councillor, of Nambol Municipal Council, Heisnam Somendro and Principal of Special Regular English School, Maisnam Kenedy were among those present at the observance.
3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.