Imphal, 07 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : In commemoration of the 289th year of Puya Meithaba (burning of scared manuscript), the 40th three-day Black Day observance organised by International Observation Committee on Puya Meithaba (ICOP) commenced today on Regular School campus, Nambol in Bishnupur District. Giving the Keynote address at the observance, Convenor of ICOP, Moirangthem Naokhomba Meitei maintained development is hindered in Manipur as the sacred Manuscript of the State was destroyed by the outsiders. He said no one will restore and protect the sacred Manuscript unless people of the hills and the valley join hands. Naokhomba said the observance will also be held in other parts of Manipur. Councillor of COSHEM, Ph.Mantri, Councillor, of Nambol Municipal Council, Heisnam Somendro and Principal of Special Regular English School, Maisnam Kenedy were among those present at the observance.
3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- Accountant General of Manipur stresses need for financial discipline
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.