Imphal, 29 December 2017 ( Evening News ) : A full fledged GST office for Manipur was inaugurated today at North AOC. The Commissioner office for Central GST Commissionerate Imphal was opened at North AOC this morning. Speaking on the occasion, Chief Commissioner of Central GST and Customs North East Region Shillong, WL Hangshing asserted that the new tax regime of Goods and Service Tax will help in nation building. He asserted that GST is a courageous and commendable step of the government of India. He said with people’s cooperation, the nation can develop under the new tax regime. He added that the entire North East States including Manipur lag behind in tax payment. WL Hangshing said under the GST, people in these areas will be able to contribute as part of one nation, one tax and one market system. Taking part in the inauguration of the office, Principal Secretary Finance, Vivek Kumar Dewangan stated that all doubts and apprehensions regarding the GST will be done away when one gets in-depth understanding of the new tax regime. He maintained that the new office in the state will enhance co-ordination between the state and the central government. He also asserted that the state’s revenues and resources will improve under the new tax regime. Commissioner of Central GST Imphal, Gaigondin Panmei, officials of taxation, customs and BSNL Imphal Branch were among those present at the event.
Full fledged GST office for Manipur inaugurated at North AOC
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.