Imphal, 28 December 2017 ( Evening News ) : Representatives of Civil Society organisations of Manipur today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the frame work agreement signed between the Centre and NSCN-IM this morning in New Delhi. During the 15 minute meeting that commenced at 11:10 this morning, the CSO representatives presented the Prime Minister with a leiyum fee, a statue of Kanglasha and submitted a memorandum. They told Narendra Modi that the Frame Agreement has left the people of the state in utter confusion. They also told the Prime Minister that people are apprehensive despite the claim by the Prime Minister and other Union Ministers that the framework agreement will not affect the territorial integrity of Manipur as the details of the agreement is not revealed to the public. The Prime Minister told them that the People of Manipur should have faith in the Government of India and not to pay heed to rumours. He asserted that the Centre has its door wide open for the people of Manipur and it will discuss anything the people want. The team also maintained that even though the framework agreement does not affect Manipur, people of Manipur will not remain silent if the aftermath of the agreement disrupts the political scenario in the state. Modi urged the team to have faith in the words given by a Prime Minister. The team reminded of the Prime Minister of the Violent incident of June 18, 2001 and that anything against the interest of the people might lead to a more intense protest than that of 2001. The Prime Minister maintained that no conclusion will be reached without consultation with all concerned and against the interest of the people. He said the Centre is focussing on the development of North Eastern States.
CSO representatives meet prime minister Modi on framework agreement in New Delhi this morning
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.