Imphal, 17 December 2017 ( Evening News ) : The International Fortnight Day Observation for elimination of Crime against women that kicked off on November 25th concluded today at Hotel Classic Grande, Chingmeirong. The observance was jointly organised by Women Action For Development, Centre Of Social Development, United Ngos Mission Manipur, New Life Foundation and Youths’ Forum For Protection Of Human Rights. Two Reporters on Crime and Violence against women were also honoured with the Best Reporter Award at the closing event . Art & Culture Minister, L. Jayentakumar presented the award to Reporter of Poknapham daily, Bigyan Sagolsem and Senior Reporter of Huiyen Lanpao, Bijoy Laishram. The award carries a Cash award of 30 thousand and 20 thousand Rupees respectively and a citation each. Speaking on the occasion, Minister, Jayentakumar said discussions and measures to be taken to stop crime against women and children will be unending . However it is required to bring about a solution. He said that there is a big change between the present Manipur and Manipur 20-30 years ago. Treatment meted out to women in present day is petrifying. He said that there is lack of respect and discipline among the youth of the state today. The wayward attitude of the youth have led to various issues in the state. Jayentakumar said we need to collectively fight against crime against women that the State Government is also working the best it can. Minister, L. Jayentakumar also released a book ,“Tales Of Tribulation” on the occasion.
International Fortnight Day Observation for Elimination of Crime against women concludes at Hotel Classic Grande
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.