Imphal, 07 December 2017 ( Evening News ) : CAF & PD Minister Karam Shyam has left Imphal for Guwahati, today to attend the meeting called in connection with the proposed fossil fuels extraction from the Northeastern States by 2030. Concerned Ministers of all the north eastern states of India will take part in the meeting which will be led by Union Minister Petroleum & natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan. Keeping up with the call made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to cycle every Thursday, Minister Karam Shyam Cycled all his way from his official residence at Sanjenthong to the airport, today. Addressing media persons at the airport, Karam Shyam promised not to betray his people’s trust and said he would always be in the forefront to support any developmental activities for the society. He said, the meeting which is scheduled to be held tomorrow will focus on extraction of fossil fuels which are still untouched in the North eastern states and discuss ways to enhance the economy of these states. He asserted that there would be no harm in extracting appropriate amount of fossil fuels. He asserted that it would give employment opportunities for the people. He opined that even if we don’t extract the fuel at the core of the earth, it will eventually be drained away when other states extract it.
Minister Shyam to attend meeting on extraction of fossil fuel in North East states in Guwahati, goes to airport by cycle
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.