Imphal, 21 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : India’s President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived Imphal to inaugurate the North East Development Submit and Manipur Sangai Festival 2017, today. President Kovind launched the two days North East Development Submit at City Convention centre, Palace Gate, today. He will also later kick off the 10 days Manipur Sangai Festival, 2017 organised by Manipur Tourism Department. It maybe mentioned that Corcom, an apex body of some proscribed outfits against the president’s visit has called for 26 hours general strike from 6 this morning to 8 tomorrow morning. A massive number of police personnel are keeping a strict vigil and security measures have been beefed up in and around Imphal City especially on Tiddim road where the president is expected to be travelling. President Kovind is accompanied by Assam’s CM Sarbananda Sonowal in a special Indian Air force plane which arrived Imphal Tulihal Airport at 11.30 this morning. Upon his arrival, Governor Nazama Heptulla, Chief Minister N. Biren, Cabinet Ministers and top police and civil officials gave a warm reception to President Kovind and paid him guard of honour as a mark of respect.
President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.