Imphal, 21 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : India’s President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived Imphal to inaugurate the North East Development Submit and Manipur Sangai Festival 2017, today. President Kovind launched the two days North East Development Submit at City Convention centre, Palace Gate, today. He will also later kick off the 10 days Manipur Sangai Festival, 2017 organised by Manipur Tourism Department. It maybe mentioned that Corcom, an apex body of some proscribed outfits against the president’s visit has called for 26 hours general strike from 6 this morning to 8 tomorrow morning. A massive number of police personnel are keeping a strict vigil and security measures have been beefed up in and around Imphal City especially on Tiddim road where the president is expected to be travelling. President Kovind is accompanied by Assam’s CM Sarbananda Sonowal in a special Indian Air force plane which arrived Imphal Tulihal Airport at 11.30 this morning. Upon his arrival, Governor Nazama Heptulla, Chief Minister N. Biren, Cabinet Ministers and top police and civil officials gave a warm reception to President Kovind and paid him guard of honour as a mark of respect.
President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.