Imphal, 21 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : India’s President Ram Nath Kovind has arrived Imphal to inaugurate the North East Development Submit and Manipur Sangai Festival 2017, today. President Kovind launched the two days North East Development Submit at City Convention centre, Palace Gate, today. He will also later kick off the 10 days Manipur Sangai Festival, 2017 organised by Manipur Tourism Department. It maybe mentioned that Corcom, an apex body of some proscribed outfits against the president’s visit has called for 26 hours general strike from 6 this morning to 8 tomorrow morning. A massive number of police personnel are keeping a strict vigil and security measures have been beefed up in and around Imphal City especially on Tiddim road where the president is expected to be travelling. President Kovind is accompanied by Assam’s CM Sarbananda Sonowal in a special Indian Air force plane which arrived Imphal Tulihal Airport at 11.30 this morning. Upon his arrival, Governor Nazama Heptulla, Chief Minister N. Biren, Cabinet Ministers and top police and civil officials gave a warm reception to President Kovind and paid him guard of honour as a mark of respect.
President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.