Imphal, 18 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : The one day open dialogue on framework agreement between the govt of India and NSCN-IM espoused the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility. All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO), United Committee Manipur (UCM) and Committee of Civil Societies, Kangleipak (CCSK) jointly organised the open discussion on “Possible Outcomes of the Framework Agreement in the context of Manipur” at Lamyanba Shanglen, Palace Compound, today. The discussion maintained that the framework agreement must not interfere with Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility. Speakers at the discussion voiced their concern over the prevailing apprehension among the people of the state due to non revelation of contents of the framework agreement signed between the Centre and NSCN-IM. They also highlighted the vulnerability of Manipur amongst the north eastern states of the country in such a situation. They further stated that if the rumoured Pan Naga Government for Naga inhabited areas is true, this could pose a grave danger and it becomes inevitable to initiate a political movement against it. Resource persons at the open dialogue also accused the govt of India of conspiring division amongst different communities. They urged the state government and political parties to put pressure on the Centre to make amendment in the Constitution regarding the issue. Representatives of various Civil Society Organisations and people participated in the discussion. Resolutions will be taken after the discussion.
Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.