Imphal, 18 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : The one day open dialogue on framework agreement between the govt of India and NSCN-IM espoused the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility. All Manipur United Clubs Organisation (AMUCO), United Committee Manipur (UCM) and Committee of Civil Societies, Kangleipak (CCSK) jointly organised the open discussion on “Possible Outcomes of the Framework Agreement in the context of Manipur” at Lamyanba Shanglen, Palace Compound, today. The discussion maintained that the framework agreement must not interfere with Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility. Speakers at the discussion voiced their concern over the prevailing apprehension among the people of the state due to non revelation of contents of the framework agreement signed between the Centre and NSCN-IM. They also highlighted the vulnerability of Manipur amongst the north eastern states of the country in such a situation. They further stated that if the rumoured Pan Naga Government for Naga inhabited areas is true, this could pose a grave danger and it becomes inevitable to initiate a political movement against it. Resource persons at the open dialogue also accused the govt of India of conspiring division amongst different communities. They urged the state government and political parties to put pressure on the Centre to make amendment in the Constitution regarding the issue. Representatives of various Civil Society Organisations and people participated in the discussion. Resolutions will be taken after the discussion.
Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
- Business transactions resumed at the Indo-Myanmar No Men’s Land vfter shops and warehouses were gutted down by the massive fire
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.