Imphal, 09 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : Agitating students of Industrial Training Institute, ITI Takyel, today turned violent to press their demands for a principal and a well equipped laboratory. They set fire to two cars set of the institute. The students of the Industrial Training Institute, have been demanding a full time Principal, a well equipped laboratory and other requirements in the institute. Many students of the institute joined the protest and burnt the two vehicles kept inside the institute around 11, this morning. The students resorted to violent protest as the State Government has failed to meet their demands. They have submitted memorandum highlighting their grievances. As soon as learnt about the incident a force of Imphal West police rushed at the spot to contain the situation. Police called for fire service to douse the flames but the agitating students prevented the fire tender from entering the institute. Later, police managed to pacify the students. Police personnel put off the fire with water from a nearby drainage.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.