Imphal, 09 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : Agitating students of Industrial Training Institute, ITI Takyel, today turned violent to press their demands for a principal and a well equipped laboratory. They set fire to two cars set of the institute. The students of the Industrial Training Institute, have been demanding a full time Principal, a well equipped laboratory and other requirements in the institute. Many students of the institute joined the protest and burnt the two vehicles kept inside the institute around 11, this morning. The students resorted to violent protest as the State Government has failed to meet their demands. They have submitted memorandum highlighting their grievances. As soon as learnt about the incident a force of Imphal West police rushed at the spot to contain the situation. Police called for fire service to douse the flames but the agitating students prevented the fire tender from entering the institute. Later, police managed to pacify the students. Police personnel put off the fire with water from a nearby drainage.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.