Imphal, 31 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren today reaffirmed his commitment to the protection of territorial integrity at any cost and urged everyone to protect integrity of the country. The chief minister was speaking on the sidelines of National Unity Day observance at Khuman Lampak Sports Stadium. The Department of Youth Affairs and Sports organised the event to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of India’s Iron Man Sadar Vallabhai Patel. While responding to a query regarding the Centre's claim that the seven decade old Naga insurgency issue will be resolved soon and the panic among neighbouring states of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh over the Naga demand for creation of a Greater Nagaland, Biren said the Prime Minister has repeatedly assured that the territorial integrity will not be affected at any cost. He also asserted that the Manipur Assembly has already taken a firm stand to protect the territorial integrity of the State at any cost.
CM Nongthombam Biren reaffirms his commitment to protection of territorial integrity of the country at any cost
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.