Imphal, 31 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren today reaffirmed his commitment to the protection of territorial integrity at any cost and urged everyone to protect integrity of the country. The chief minister was speaking on the sidelines of National Unity Day observance at Khuman Lampak Sports Stadium. The Department of Youth Affairs and Sports organised the event to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of India’s Iron Man Sadar Vallabhai Patel. While responding to a query regarding the Centre's claim that the seven decade old Naga insurgency issue will be resolved soon and the panic among neighbouring states of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh over the Naga demand for creation of a Greater Nagaland, Biren said the Prime Minister has repeatedly assured that the territorial integrity will not be affected at any cost. He also asserted that the Manipur Assembly has already taken a firm stand to protect the territorial integrity of the State at any cost.
CM Nongthombam Biren reaffirms his commitment to protection of territorial integrity of the country at any cost
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
- Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
- Clashes break out between Protestors and Police Personnal; one person injured during the 36 hour General Strike
- JAC's 36 hour General Strike over Imphal East District Hospital Sagolmang row, affects normal lives; Imphal City remains unaffected
- Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.