Imphal, 22 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Locals today repaired the breached bank of the Imphal river at Singjamei Tekhao Sapam Leikai pat road. This river breached its bank in the area a week ago and the situation worsened as the water level rose following incessant rain. The bank collapsed further due to the incessant rain which lashed the state since last afternoon. Residents of the locality came out since early morning after the water level increased to repair the bank. They used bamboos, earth and other available items to block the water. Speaker Y. Khemchand’s wife, Joybala Yumnam also visited the site. The speaker is out of town. General Secretary of Social Environment Development Organisation (SEDO), S. Devan said the road collapsed since last week. He said the absence of a retaining wall and good road has caused a lot of inconveniences to the people. Devan lamented that no actions have been taken so far despite their repeated requests to the department. He appealed to all departments concerned to look into the matter at the earliest.
People repair bank of Imphal River at Singjamei
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.