Imphal, 22 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Locals today repaired the breached bank of the Imphal river at Singjamei Tekhao Sapam Leikai pat road. This river breached its bank in the area a week ago and the situation worsened as the water level rose following incessant rain. The bank collapsed further due to the incessant rain which lashed the state since last afternoon. Residents of the locality came out since early morning after the water level increased to repair the bank. They used bamboos, earth and other available items to block the water. Speaker Y. Khemchand’s wife, Joybala Yumnam also visited the site. The speaker is out of town. General Secretary of Social Environment Development Organisation (SEDO), S. Devan said the road collapsed since last week. He said the absence of a retaining wall and good road has caused a lot of inconveniences to the people. Devan lamented that no actions have been taken so far despite their repeated requests to the department. He appealed to all departments concerned to look into the matter at the earliest.
People repair bank of Imphal River at Singjamei
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.