Imphal, 20 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : JCILPS Students Wing has indefinitely shut down the Puzzle Restaurant at Singjamei Chingamathak for organising music show in an objectionable manner in connection with Diwali. The incident took place around 9 last night after JCILPS Student Wing was informed by the residents of the area. The team of JCILPS student wing found girls and boys allegedly consuming liquor and dancing in an inappropriate manner. A team of Imphal west police including officers arrived at the spot after the student wing informed them. Scuffle almost broke out as the locals stormed the restaurant, however, the police personnel controlled the situation. Later the police took away the people in their van to avoid any untoward incident. A person they were allowed entry to the concert, “The 80’s Vibe-Unplugged Autumn” after purchasing a ticket of 200 Rupees. Speaking to media persons, Convenor of JCILPS Students Wing, Manjit Sarangthem said they strongly condemn such act and appealed to the people to help stop holding such events.
Puzzle Restaurant indefinitely shut down for allegedly consuming liquor and dancing in an inappropriate manner
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.