Imphal, 14 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : 7 Manipuri footballers who were part of the Indian team in FIFA Under-17 Boys World Cup returned home today to a rousing welcome at the Imphal International Airport. Although India lost to USA, Colombia and Ghana in the Group-A matches, it will go down in the history as India debuted in the Fifa Under-17 Boys World Cup for the first time. Football fans across the globe were thrilled with their performances. It may be recalled that Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (Goal Keeper), Boris Thangjam (Defender), Amarjit Kiyam (Mid Fielder-Captain), Jeakson Thounaojam (Mid Fielder), Md Shah Jahan (Mid Fielder), Nongdamba Naorem (Mid Fielder), Suresh Wangjam (Mid Fielder) and Ningthoinganba Meitei (Mid Fielder) were part of the Indian squad.
7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- People celebrate Sajibu Nongma Panba Cheiraoba with traditional fervour and gaiety
- Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates 4 projects and lays foundation stones of 7 projects including National Sports University
- Andro Police arrests four alleged culprits involved in the Yairipok Lai Haraoba incident
- Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.