Imphal, 14 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : 7 Manipuri footballers who were part of the Indian team in FIFA Under-17 Boys World Cup returned home today to a rousing welcome at the Imphal International Airport. Although India lost to USA, Colombia and Ghana in the Group-A matches, it will go down in the history as India debuted in the Fifa Under-17 Boys World Cup for the first time. Football fans across the globe were thrilled with their performances. It may be recalled that Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (Goal Keeper), Boris Thangjam (Defender), Amarjit Kiyam (Mid Fielder-Captain), Jeakson Thounaojam (Mid Fielder), Md Shah Jahan (Mid Fielder), Nongdamba Naorem (Mid Fielder), Suresh Wangjam (Mid Fielder) and Ningthoinganba Meitei (Mid Fielder) were part of the Indian squad.
7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren calls on Union Home Minister Rajnath; discussed about various issues and developmental works in the State
- 29th Driver’s day is being observed by paying tribute to the deceased drivers of the land across the state
- Minister Thongam Biswajit says the State Government targets to electrify the State by December this year
- Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
- 3 day Black Day observance in commemoration of the burning of Puya commenced
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.