Imphal, 01 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Manipur joins the world in observing International Day of Older Persons today. Social Welfare Department held an event to mark the day at Khunthokhanbi Shanglen Thangmeiband. Speaking on the occasion, Social Welfare and Cooperation Minister, Nemcha Kipgen assured that she will urge the Government to open hospital specially meant for old-aged people. She said it is unfortunate that there are cases of ill treatment of senior citizens in the state. Nemcha said the almighty will punish those who ill treat the elderly people. She also reminded that everyone will all age someday. The minister urged the NGOs and stakeholders to help the older persons in distress and open doors for them. She highlighted the major contributions of the older persons in the society. Social Welfare department presented gifts as a token of appreciation to older persons present at the event. The International Day of Older Persons is observed on October 1 each year. On December 14, 1990 the United Nations General Assembly voted to establish October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons.
International Day of Older Persons
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.