Imphal, 28 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Many devotees from different parts of the State thronged the Hiyangthang Lairembi Temple located at Hiyangthang under Imphal West District on the occasion of Bor today. However, unlike the previous year, the crowd was comparatively lesser. Large number of Manipur Police and IRB personnel maintained a strict security vigil to prevent any untoward incidents. Although it was not crowded like previous years, different stalls were opened on both sides of the roads making various items available for the devotees. General Secretary of Hiyangthang Lairembi Development Seva Committee (HLDSC), M. Jugindro said the main event of the day, Sandhi puja will be observed in the evening from 7:05 and 42 seconds and will end at 7:53 and 43 seconds. For this year, goddess Durga will arrive on the Heeren and return on the Sayangthak Horse. Jugindro maintained that the signs of these to the public is that there may be flood in the state and changes in Governmental positions. However people of the state will not face grievous inconveniences. Medical Directorate also set up a medical camp on the occasion. Stall vendors stated that the inclement weather reduced the number of visitors thereby bringing down their sales.
Inclement weather hit devotees, unlike the past years Hiyangthang Lairembi temple witnesses thin crowd
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.