Imphal, 28 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Many devotees from different parts of the State thronged the Hiyangthang Lairembi Temple located at Hiyangthang under Imphal West District on the occasion of Bor today. However, unlike the previous year, the crowd was comparatively lesser. Large number of Manipur Police and IRB personnel maintained a strict security vigil to prevent any untoward incidents. Although it was not crowded like previous years, different stalls were opened on both sides of the roads making various items available for the devotees. General Secretary of Hiyangthang Lairembi Development Seva Committee (HLDSC), M. Jugindro said the main event of the day, Sandhi puja will be observed in the evening from 7:05 and 42 seconds and will end at 7:53 and 43 seconds. For this year, goddess Durga will arrive on the Heeren and return on the Sayangthak Horse. Jugindro maintained that the signs of these to the public is that there may be flood in the state and changes in Governmental positions. However people of the state will not face grievous inconveniences. Medical Directorate also set up a medical camp on the occasion. Stall vendors stated that the inclement weather reduced the number of visitors thereby bringing down their sales.
Inclement weather hit devotees, unlike the past years Hiyangthang Lairembi temple witnesses thin crowd
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Tibetan Spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama arrives in Imphal, he will address International Peace Conference
- Indian Team star goalkeeper at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Dheeraj Moirangthem returned home
- 6th Meeyamgi Numit held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat
- Kuki channel launched under Impact TV's Impact Indigene Channel
- 7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.