Imphal, 23 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Traffic violators were imposed fines during a Mega Traffic Lok Adalat in the capital city today. People have been asked to follow traffic rules to prevent road accidents and save lives. Manipur Legal Services Authority, District Legal Services Authority, Imphal West, Transport Department and Traffic Police in collaboration with Manipur Police held a Mega Traffic Lok Adalat with the objective to reduce Traffic Volume and prevent road accidents in the city. The Adalat which was held along Kanglapat stretch of the national highway number 2 imposed heavy fines on those who were caught violating traffic rules like non wearing of helmet and Seat belt, non payment of tax and driving without licence and other related documents. Public Prosecutor of CJM, Imphal West, Ajitkumar Mutum stated that the Lok Adalat was being held to check the increasing traffic volume. He pointed out that violation of traffic rules and rash driving are the main cause of road accidents.
Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.