Imphal, 19 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Several student protestors led by All Manipur Students Union (AMSU) who stormed the MOBC office near DM College demanding release of MOBC scholarships were injured as police baton-charged the protestors today. As part of its ongoing demands for the release of scholarships, AMSU volunteers took out the protest rally from the AMSU office on DM College campus to MOBC office. When the protestors reached the MOBC office, the gates were closed. Agitated students broke open the security check-room and entered the office compound. A team of police arrived at the spot and halted the students in front of the iron shutter of the office. The protestors demanded a dialogue with the director on scholarships. Additional police personnel were called in when the situation became out of control. Later when the students were about to leave after the locking the office, heated words were exchanged between them and the police. Police fired mock bombs to contain the situation. They also resorted to baton charge to disperse the protestors. When students pelted stones at the police personnel, they were chased back inside the DM College campus.
Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.