Imphal, 19 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Several student protestors led by All Manipur Students Union (AMSU) who stormed the MOBC office near DM College demanding release of MOBC scholarships were injured as police baton-charged the protestors today. As part of its ongoing demands for the release of scholarships, AMSU volunteers took out the protest rally from the AMSU office on DM College campus to MOBC office. When the protestors reached the MOBC office, the gates were closed. Agitated students broke open the security check-room and entered the office compound. A team of police arrived at the spot and halted the students in front of the iron shutter of the office. The protestors demanded a dialogue with the director on scholarships. Additional police personnel were called in when the situation became out of control. Later when the students were about to leave after the locking the office, heated words were exchanged between them and the police. Police fired mock bombs to contain the situation. They also resorted to baton charge to disperse the protestors. When students pelted stones at the police personnel, they were chased back inside the DM College campus.
Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.