Imphal, 12 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren has stressed the need of joint efforts by people and the Govt to take the state forward. He was speaking at the reception organised for the chief minister and his council of ministers by the Autonomous District Council at Lamka ground in Churachandpur District. The chief minister stated that Bihang in Churachandpur District will be the 2nd gateway under Act East Policy. Biren said a Rs 30 crore detailed project report has been prepared for construction of the road for the gateway. He reiterated that peace has returned the state, and the people and Govt need to work collectively to take the state forward. Chairman of Autonomous District Council, Khaipao Haokip also submitted a memorandum to the chief minister at the event demanding setting up of B Ed College, Medical college and provision for clean and safe water in the district. People also presented traditional shawls to the chief minister. Dance and music presented by various communities were the highlights of the event. Agriculture Minister, V. Hangkhalian drew the attention of the chief minister to repair the roads and provide healthcare facilities to the people. He also expressed the desire to set up a University and a Medical College in the district as well. Ministers, MLAs, top civil and police officials were also felicitated at the event. Students and representatives of civil society organisations participated in the even.
CM Biren stresses need for joint efforts by people and govt to take the state forward
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.