Imphal, 11 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : A person has been beaten to death on charges of theft. The incident occurred post midnight of 9th of this month at Malom Tulihal Makha Leikai. The deceased has been identified as a 23 year old Shadokpam Romesh son of Tomba from Chandrakhong Mamang Leikai under Yairipok Police Station. He works at a vehicle workshop owned by one Maipak from Malom Tulihal Makha Leikai. Member of the JAC against the killing, Sinam Phulen claimed that Romesh had returned that day after repairing a vehicle at Shija Hospital. He was resting near the gate after dinner. Unknown miscreants physically assaulted Romesh at the gate. Employees at the workshop informed the police and Romesh was admitted to RIMS hospital. He was then shifted to Raj Medicity for further treatment and passed away this morning. On the other hand, the JAC members went to submit a memorandum to the chief minister and local MLA, education minister Thokchom Radheshyam, but they were prevented from going further at Moirangkhom by a team of police. After reaching an understanding with the police later, they were allowed to submit the memorandum.
Beaten to death on charges of theft
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.