Imphal, 08 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren today emphasised the need to save the nature and environment and called for people's active participation in all efforts to protect the naturent. He compared the north east India with the Amazon forest. Speaking as chief guest at the Convention on Climate Change organised by Centre for Social Development at 1st Manipur Rifles Banquet Hall today, the chief minister said both the developed and developing countries suffer from climate change. He also mentioned the irreparable damage humans cause to the environment while extracting forest wealth. BJP spokesperson, Professor R.K. Ranjan and PHED Minister, Losii Dikho were among those present at the event. Representatives of 8 north eastern states took part in the Convention. Dr T. Brajakumar from the Environment and Ecology wing, spoke on Opportunity and Challenges on Manipur State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2013 at the convention.
CM Biren calls for people's active participation in efforts to save the nature and environment
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.