Imphal, 08 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren today emphasised the need to save the nature and environment and called for people's active participation in all efforts to protect the naturent. He compared the north east India with the Amazon forest. Speaking as chief guest at the Convention on Climate Change organised by Centre for Social Development at 1st Manipur Rifles Banquet Hall today, the chief minister said both the developed and developing countries suffer from climate change. He also mentioned the irreparable damage humans cause to the environment while extracting forest wealth. BJP spokesperson, Professor R.K. Ranjan and PHED Minister, Losii Dikho were among those present at the event. Representatives of 8 north eastern states took part in the Convention. Dr T. Brajakumar from the Environment and Ecology wing, spoke on Opportunity and Challenges on Manipur State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2013 at the convention.
CM Biren calls for people's active participation in efforts to save the nature and environment
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.