Imphal, 08 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren today emphasised the need to save the nature and environment and called for people's active participation in all efforts to protect the naturent. He compared the north east India with the Amazon forest. Speaking as chief guest at the Convention on Climate Change organised by Centre for Social Development at 1st Manipur Rifles Banquet Hall today, the chief minister said both the developed and developing countries suffer from climate change. He also mentioned the irreparable damage humans cause to the environment while extracting forest wealth. BJP spokesperson, Professor R.K. Ranjan and PHED Minister, Losii Dikho were among those present at the event. Representatives of 8 north eastern states took part in the Convention. Dr T. Brajakumar from the Environment and Ecology wing, spoke on Opportunity and Challenges on Manipur State Action Plan on Climate Change, 2013 at the convention.
CM Biren calls for people's active participation in efforts to save the nature and environment
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.