Imphal, 04 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren has asserted that efforts are on to formulate a bill to save the indigenous people of the state which is acceptable to all communities living in the state. He made this statement to media persons at the sidelines of handing over of funds to the chief minister's relief fund at Chief Minister's secretariat today. All Manipur Elementary School Association, AMESTA handed over an amount of 3 Lakh 50 Thousand Rupees to the chief minister's relief fund. The chief minister appreciated all those who contributed to the relief fund and stated that majority of relief work for the flood affected people have been carried out. Responding to Impact News query on the renewed agitation by JCILPS, the chief minister said he is aware of the fact that JCILPS is drawing the attention of Govt. The process is delayed due to the works carried out under 100 days programme, frequent floods and assembly session. The Govt will now consult all stake holders and experts to formulate a bill that will not cause any conflicts among the communities. On the other hand, while replying to the assurances provided on the floor of the assembly that the shortcomings of Manipur Police Bomb Disposal Squad will be addressed, the chief minister maintained that the work will be carried out under the Police Modernisation. Although the funds will be released from planning, the state will soon carry out work even before the centre releases funds.
CM asserts that efforts are on to formulate a bill to save the indigenous people of the state which is acceptable to all communities
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.