Imphal, 04 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren has asserted that efforts are on to formulate a bill to save the indigenous people of the state which is acceptable to all communities living in the state. He made this statement to media persons at the sidelines of handing over of funds to the chief minister's relief fund at Chief Minister's secretariat today. All Manipur Elementary School Association, AMESTA handed over an amount of 3 Lakh 50 Thousand Rupees to the chief minister's relief fund. The chief minister appreciated all those who contributed to the relief fund and stated that majority of relief work for the flood affected people have been carried out. Responding to Impact News query on the renewed agitation by JCILPS, the chief minister said he is aware of the fact that JCILPS is drawing the attention of Govt. The process is delayed due to the works carried out under 100 days programme, frequent floods and assembly session. The Govt will now consult all stake holders and experts to formulate a bill that will not cause any conflicts among the communities. On the other hand, while replying to the assurances provided on the floor of the assembly that the shortcomings of Manipur Police Bomb Disposal Squad will be addressed, the chief minister maintained that the work will be carried out under the Police Modernisation. Although the funds will be released from planning, the state will soon carry out work even before the centre releases funds.
CM asserts that efforts are on to formulate a bill to save the indigenous people of the state which is acceptable to all communities
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.