Imphal, 04 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : President of United Committee Manipur (UCM), Johnson Elangbam has decried of communal conspiracy upon the declaration made by interlocutor Dinesh Sharma that his visit to Manipur, yesterday was for holding discussions with Kuki outfits under Suspension Of Operation for ground assessment regarding how far their political aspirations can be fulfilled. He was speaking at the launch of an 8 month long celebration of 7th Ching-Tam Traditional Culture Festival-2017 starting from today organised by All Manipur Huiyen Lalong & Traditional Culture Preservation Committee at Rup Mahal Theatre, BT. Road. Johnson further said in the present situation of not making the Framework Agreement signed between the NSCN (IM) and Govt of India available to the public, the supposed to be appeasement effort by interlocutor, Dinesh Sharma with the Kuki outfits only fuel the apprehensions people have about Manipur’s disintegration. It would also create mistrust amongst various communities living in the state. He asserted if any untoward communal clashes occur in the state, Govt of India should be held responsible. Johnson said, the interlocutor’s hidden agenda which seems to uphold the Kuki outfits is strongly condemnable. He maintained that it would be right if the Manipur Govt approach Home Minister with a written application to clarify the matter. He also reiterated that UCM will stand against Manipur’s disintegration.
UCM has condemned the statements of interlocutor Dinesh Sharma that his visit to Manipur was for holding discussions with Kuki outfits under SoO
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.