Imphal, 02 September 2017 ( Evening News ) : An FIR has been filed against the former chief minister Okram Ibobi and five others at Imphal police station in connection with financial irregularities in Manipur Development Society, MDS. The five other persons are former chief secretaries DS Punia, PC Lamkunga and O. Nabakishore who were the former chairman of MDS, former project director Y. Ningthem, and former administrative officer S Ranjit. They are accused of cheating, criminal conspiracy and breach of trust following an investigation conducted by the vigilance department. It was alleged that the MDS officials and staff had not observed prescribed procedures, established norms and extant rules scrupulously and misappropriated more than Rs 185 crore. Officer in charge of Imphal police station has submitted to the SP Imphal west that all the relevant documents which are not available with MDS need to be recovered from Y. Ningthem as he was the project director. The Planning department approached the vigilance dept in November last year after a joint secretary level officer complained against mismanagement, misappropriation and misuse of govt funds in MDS.
FIR filed against former CM Ibobi, 3 former CS, former project director and former administrative officer in MDS scam
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
- Business transactions resumed at the Indo-Myanmar No Men’s Land vfter shops and warehouses were gutted down by the massive fire
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.