Imphal, 27 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Commemorating the historic agitation launched by students against the artificial food scarcity in the State on this day in 1965,All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) observed the 52nd Hunger Marchers’ Day today. Large number of students today took out a march rally in remembrance of “Chaklam Khongchat”. 4 student martyrs sacrificed their lives on this day in 1965 during the mass uprising against the artificial food scarcity caused by traders from outside the state exporting rice grains from the state. Since then, AMSU has been observing the day as the “Hunger Marchers’ day”. Large number of students gathered at the memorial site of the four student martyrs at Singjamei Chingmacha since early in the morning and began the observance with “Yakairol”. Commemorating the day, leaders of AMSU hoisted the flag of the student's union. Later family members of the students who sacrificed their lives, leaders of AMSU and students paid floral tributes to the portraits of the martyrs Oinam Nabakumar, Laishram Chaobal, Nongmeikapam Pramodini and Waikhom Nilamani. A march rally was then taken out from Moirangkhom road through Keishamthong, chanting various slogans under strict security of the Police personnel and converged on DM College Campus and held a public meeting at Multipurpose Hall of DM college.
AMSU observes the 52nd Hunger Marchers’ Day today to Commemorate the historic agitation launched by students against artificial food scarcity
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.