Imphal, 22 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Services at public sector banks are hit as employee unions are on a nationwide strike. Banks in Manipur today ceased work in support of strike against the proposed consolidation of public sector banks, inadequate capital support for banks and loan defaults by large borrowers. The strike has been called by the United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), an umbrella body of nine unions including the All Indian Bank Officers Confederation and All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA). Unions are demanding that banks should not write off non-performing assets (NPAs) and that wilful default be declared a criminal offence. In Imphal the strike was launched by the United Forum of Bank Union, Manipur State Committee in front of State Bank of India, SBI, MG Avenue. The protestors alos chanted slogans. Co-Convenor of Committee, Soibam Indrakumar said Bank is an institute that protects the property of the people. He said the savings of the people strengthen the banks and the banks in turn make the country stronger. He said India was not affected by the financial crisis in 2008 because India had Nationalised Sector Banking Industry. The Employees condemned the steps of the government and asserted that people’s money should be utilised for people’s welfare.
Nationwide strike services at public sector banks
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.