Imphal, 19 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief minister Nongthombam Biren today reiterated the need for people's support to make the govt strong and vowed not to betray their trust. The Chief minister was speaking at ‘Sadbhavana Diwas’ commemorating the 73rd birth anniversary of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi at the Banquet Hall of the 1st Manipur Rifles. He said the observance aims at strengthening national integrity, patriotism and communal harmony among the people and remembering the late prime minister’s efforts to eliminate terrorism from the people. Biren said it is high time the people of Manipur learned to forget the differences and live in peace and harmony. The Chief minister reiterated that when people start thinking for the welfare of all rather than being self-centred, the state will achieve progress. He also emphasised the need to promote the minority groups so that there will be equal development of all the communities in the state. The Chief Minister said he has requested his Cabinet Ministers not to bring up any community-based or region-centric matters to the Cabinet meeting. He asserted that the govt does not belong to any community or region, and it will work for uniform development in the State. Biren administered Sadbhavana pledge to the gathering. Ministers, MLAs, top civil and police officials attended the event.
CM Nongthombam Biren stresses need for people's support to make the govt strong, vows not to betray their trust
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 17th The Great June uprising & Unity Day observed
- Prime Minister Modi assures Union Government's assistance to Chief Ministers from flood-affected States
- Union Home Minister has directed the Home Secretary to provide immediate help for the flood affected people : CM Biren
- Health Minister affirms construction of District Hospitals at Sagolmang and Kyamgei
- National General Secretary of BJP, Arun Singh claims BJP will win both seats of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.