Imphal, 10 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Students of DM college of arts today burnt effigies of the education minister, chairman and director of Education-U and furniture to protest admission of 100 more students at the college. The protesting students burnt tables and desks in front of the college gate before burning the effigies. They also blocked the roads on the college campus. A team of Imphal West Police rushed at the site to put the situation under control. The protest came to an end as soon as the agitating students got the news that the Education Department has withdrawn the order for admission of more students.
Students of DM college of arts burn effigies of minister and officials and furniture to protest admission of 100 more students
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.