Imphal, 08 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : A man accused of raping a girl in 2013 who is on bail and undergoing a court trial under POCSO court was shot on his way back from the court today. He is in a critical condition and undergoing treatment at RIMS. The person has been identified as Sandam Bhogen, 42 years, son of Bheigya from Sairem Village under Lamshang police station in Imphal West district. The incident occurred this afternoon around 1:50 on the main road that leads to Blind School at Takyel on Imphal-Jiri road. Sources said, around 1:50 in the afternoon, shopkeepers by the road heard three gun shots and a man riding Honda Dio Scooter was seen crossing the main road and coming towards the road leading to Takyel Blind School but fell down by the bush nearby. A man was seen fleeing away on the opposite side of the main road and sped on a bike with two other men who were waiting for him. When the people inspected the fallen scooty Dio without the number plate, the rider was found to be shot. Top Officer of Imphal West Police, Patsoi police station and Lamshang police station personnel inspected the crime scene. Upon interrogation by the Police, people in the locality said, one amongst the shooters told an elderly in the colony that the he was shot for his misconduct towards a girl. Bhogen received serious bullet injuries in his stomach and arm and is in a critical condition undergoing treatment at RIMS. Blood transfusion is being provided. His faith is uncertain at the moment.
Unknown miscreants shoots a man accused of raping a girl in 2013
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.