Imphal, 08 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : A man accused of raping a girl in 2013 who is on bail and undergoing a court trial under POCSO court was shot on his way back from the court today. He is in a critical condition and undergoing treatment at RIMS. The person has been identified as Sandam Bhogen, 42 years, son of Bheigya from Sairem Village under Lamshang police station in Imphal West district. The incident occurred this afternoon around 1:50 on the main road that leads to Blind School at Takyel on Imphal-Jiri road. Sources said, around 1:50 in the afternoon, shopkeepers by the road heard three gun shots and a man riding Honda Dio Scooter was seen crossing the main road and coming towards the road leading to Takyel Blind School but fell down by the bush nearby. A man was seen fleeing away on the opposite side of the main road and sped on a bike with two other men who were waiting for him. When the people inspected the fallen scooty Dio without the number plate, the rider was found to be shot. Top Officer of Imphal West Police, Patsoi police station and Lamshang police station personnel inspected the crime scene. Upon interrogation by the Police, people in the locality said, one amongst the shooters told an elderly in the colony that the he was shot for his misconduct towards a girl. Bhogen received serious bullet injuries in his stomach and arm and is in a critical condition undergoing treatment at RIMS. Blood transfusion is being provided. His faith is uncertain at the moment.
Unknown miscreants shoots a man accused of raping a girl in 2013
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- HC asks NHs and Infrastructure Development Corporation to submit estimated cost on Imphal Jiri road project
- CM Biren in his independence day speech asserts the 4-month old govt has been able to win people's faith
- Imphal West Police has arrested 3 suspects in connection with Kakwa Naorem Leikai bomb blast that occurred yesterday
- Civil Society Organisations observe Manipur's 71st Independence Day from the British
- CM Biren leads the people in paying homage to Manipuri martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of their motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.