Imphal, 06 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla today assured that Manipur will soon have flying doctors. She said the Aviation Ministry has agreed to provide 25 Crore Rupees to buy helicopter for the purpose. The governor was speaking at an event of Japanese Hospital Manipur held at JNIMS Conference Hall today. She maintained that healthcare was a major concern when she took over as the Governor of the state. Dr Heptulla said due to geographical factors, many people in the remote areas have no access to good healthcare. The Governor said she had notified both the state govt and the centre regarding the matter. Even in the recently held North East Council meeting, attention of the Aviation Minister and ministry concerned were drawn to the need for a helicopter service. She said the Aviation Ministry has agreed to sanction funds for helicopter and facilities for flying doctors. Dr Heptulla said Japan and India have a cordial relationship since a long time. Presence of a Japanese Hospital in the state will benefit people in terms of healthcare. JNIMS Director Dr Th Bhimo, representatives of Japanese Hospital Manipur and several doctors attended the function.
Governor says Manipur will soon have flying doctors, Aviation Ministry to provide Rs 25 crore to buy helicopter
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.