Imphal, 06 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla today assured that Manipur will soon have flying doctors. She said the Aviation Ministry has agreed to provide 25 Crore Rupees to buy helicopter for the purpose. The governor was speaking at an event of Japanese Hospital Manipur held at JNIMS Conference Hall today. She maintained that healthcare was a major concern when she took over as the Governor of the state. Dr Heptulla said due to geographical factors, many people in the remote areas have no access to good healthcare. The Governor said she had notified both the state govt and the centre regarding the matter. Even in the recently held North East Council meeting, attention of the Aviation Minister and ministry concerned were drawn to the need for a helicopter service. She said the Aviation Ministry has agreed to sanction funds for helicopter and facilities for flying doctors. Dr Heptulla said Japan and India have a cordial relationship since a long time. Presence of a Japanese Hospital in the state will benefit people in terms of healthcare. JNIMS Director Dr Th Bhimo, representatives of Japanese Hospital Manipur and several doctors attended the function.
Governor says Manipur will soon have flying doctors, Aviation Ministry to provide Rs 25 crore to buy helicopter
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- HC asks NHs and Infrastructure Development Corporation to submit estimated cost on Imphal Jiri road project
- CM Biren in his independence day speech asserts the 4-month old govt has been able to win people's faith
- Imphal West Police has arrested 3 suspects in connection with Kakwa Naorem Leikai bomb blast that occurred yesterday
- Civil Society Organisations observe Manipur's 71st Independence Day from the British
- CM Biren leads the people in paying homage to Manipuri martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of their motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.