Imphal, 05 August 2017 : A symposium on Breast Feeding was held at Keishamthong Kabui Village Community hall in connection with World Breast Feeding week today. World Breast Feeding week is observed across the globe from August 1. The week is observed in various parts of the state on the theme ‘Sustaining Breast Feeding Together World Breast Feeding week’ by Community and nutrition Extension Unit, Ministry of Women and Child development, Chingamathak, in collaboration with Department of Social Welfare. Speaking at the symposium L.S Wallang emphasised the benefits of breast milk for the child. He said breastfeeding is the best way to provide newborns with the nutrients they need.
World Breast Feeding week is observed across the globe from August 1
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.