Imphal, 05 August 2017 : A symposium on Breast Feeding was held at Keishamthong Kabui Village Community hall in connection with World Breast Feeding week today. World Breast Feeding week is observed across the globe from August 1. The week is observed in various parts of the state on the theme ‘Sustaining Breast Feeding Together World Breast Feeding week’ by Community and nutrition Extension Unit, Ministry of Women and Child development, Chingamathak, in collaboration with Department of Social Welfare. Speaking at the symposium L.S Wallang emphasised the benefits of breast milk for the child. He said breastfeeding is the best way to provide newborns with the nutrients they need.
World Breast Feeding week is observed across the globe from August 1
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.