Imphal, 01 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : A student of Sainik School Pangei who went out to play football with his friends was found dead under suspicious circumstances. Family members and local residents stormed the school, today. The deceased student is identified as Wangkhem Imocha, 14 years, son of Khogen from Nongren Awang Leikai under Lamlai Police station. According to the family, the incident occurred yesterday evening around 7. The football team of the school along with 7 teachers went for a friendly match with a local club in Pukhao Khabam. Around 8 pm, the family was informed that Imocha was admitted at JNIMS. When family members and some residents of the locality reached the hospital, Imocha was already dead. They were told that after the match, the boys went to take bath in a pond near the football ground. During dinner time, the students noticed that Imocha was missing and they went looking for him. They found Imocha's body floating in the pond. The body has been kept at JNIMS Morgue for post mortem and a case has been registered at Sagolmang Police Station. The Principal of the school was forced to meet the people after they tried to storm the school.
Student of Sainik School Pangei found dead in pond under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Tibetan Spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama arrives in Imphal, he will address International Peace Conference
- Indian Team star goalkeeper at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Dheeraj Moirangthem returned home
- 6th Meeyamgi Numit held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat
- Kuki channel launched under Impact TV's Impact Indigene Channel
- 7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.