Imphal, 01 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : A student of Sainik School Pangei who went out to play football with his friends was found dead under suspicious circumstances. Family members and local residents stormed the school, today. The deceased student is identified as Wangkhem Imocha, 14 years, son of Khogen from Nongren Awang Leikai under Lamlai Police station. According to the family, the incident occurred yesterday evening around 7. The football team of the school along with 7 teachers went for a friendly match with a local club in Pukhao Khabam. Around 8 pm, the family was informed that Imocha was admitted at JNIMS. When family members and some residents of the locality reached the hospital, Imocha was already dead. They were told that after the match, the boys went to take bath in a pond near the football ground. During dinner time, the students noticed that Imocha was missing and they went looking for him. They found Imocha's body floating in the pond. The body has been kept at JNIMS Morgue for post mortem and a case has been registered at Sagolmang Police Station. The Principal of the school was forced to meet the people after they tried to storm the school.
Student of Sainik School Pangei found dead in pond under suspicious circumstances
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.