Imphal, 01 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : In a case of suspected custodial death a woman found hanging in Andro police station. The body has been kept at JNIMS for post mortem examinations after forensic experts examined the crime scene. The deceased has been identified as 42 year old Mutum Ongbi Indira, wife of M. Ibohanbi, 40 from Andro khuman Leikai. She is survived by her husband and 4 children. Sources said Indira had gone out with Sarubam Sunibala wife of S. Lokhin from the same locality on the 25th of last month and Sunibala went missing. Indira was taken to Andro police station yesterday around 8:30 AM for questioning in connection with the case. She told police that Sunimala had eloped with Gopal Sharma from Kwakeithel Takhel Leikai. Indira was kept at police custody for further questioning. This morning Indira went to the wash room around 4:30 and a woman constable waited outside the washroom. The woman constable got suspicious when Indira did not come out after more than 5 minutes and informed the night officer. When they broke the door, Indira was found hanging inside the toilet. There were injury marks on her body. Irate people stormed Andro police station after they learnt about her death. A District Magistrate and Forensic experts examined the crime scene. the body has been kept at JNIMS morgue for post mortem examinations.
Woman found hanging in suspected custodial death in Andro police station
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Tibetan Spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama arrives in Imphal, he will address International Peace Conference
- Indian Team star goalkeeper at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Dheeraj Moirangthem returned home
- 6th Meeyamgi Numit held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat
- Kuki channel launched under Impact TV's Impact Indigene Channel
- 7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.