Imphal, 01 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : In a case of suspected custodial death a woman found hanging in Andro police station. The body has been kept at JNIMS for post mortem examinations after forensic experts examined the crime scene. The deceased has been identified as 42 year old Mutum Ongbi Indira, wife of M. Ibohanbi, 40 from Andro khuman Leikai. She is survived by her husband and 4 children. Sources said Indira had gone out with Sarubam Sunibala wife of S. Lokhin from the same locality on the 25th of last month and Sunibala went missing. Indira was taken to Andro police station yesterday around 8:30 AM for questioning in connection with the case. She told police that Sunimala had eloped with Gopal Sharma from Kwakeithel Takhel Leikai. Indira was kept at police custody for further questioning. This morning Indira went to the wash room around 4:30 and a woman constable waited outside the washroom. The woman constable got suspicious when Indira did not come out after more than 5 minutes and informed the night officer. When they broke the door, Indira was found hanging inside the toilet. There were injury marks on her body. Irate people stormed Andro police station after they learnt about her death. A District Magistrate and Forensic experts examined the crime scene. the body has been kept at JNIMS morgue for post mortem examinations.
Woman found hanging in suspected custodial death in Andro police station
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.