Imphal, 23 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was allegedly shot point blank by a 21-year-old man early this morning in Moreh. She has been identified as Nengneingah Khongsai daughter of Lethang Khongsai, presently staying at her uncle’s place at Gilgan village. The deceased girl was a student of class 9 at Mount Moreh Public School. The accused is identified as Sasat Haokip, 21 years son of Thanglet Haokip from Chavangphai village in Moreh. The incident occurred this morning around 5 at Gilgan Khul, Moreh Gate Number 1. Family members rushed towards the room on hearing the gun shots and found Nengneingah lying on the sofa. They saw a man running away from the house. Family members shouted for help and the neighbours rushed out of their homes. The people informed the police who had come to pick up the girl's body that Sasat was hiding in one of the houses in the neighbourhood. OC of Moreh police station, H. Chaoba and J. Baite arrested Sasat from the house where he was hiding. Police also recovered a country made 9 mm pistol with 3 live rounds from the spot. Nengneingah was shot in the forehead. Family members suspected one sided love angle behind the murder. Tension erupted when the people stormed the Moreh police station when the police was taking the accused to Imphal. of the locality tried to stop the police when they were trying to take Sasat to Imphal. Police sources said Sasat is a cadre of the banned militant outfit, Kuki National Army, KNA. Shops in Moreh downed the shutters against the killing.
In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- HC asks NHs and Infrastructure Development Corporation to submit estimated cost on Imphal Jiri road project
- CM Biren in his independence day speech asserts the 4-month old govt has been able to win people's faith
- Imphal West Police has arrested 3 suspects in connection with Kakwa Naorem Leikai bomb blast that occurred yesterday
- Civil Society Organisations observe Manipur's 71st Independence Day from the British
- CM Biren leads the people in paying homage to Manipuri martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of their motherland
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.