Imphal, 23 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was allegedly shot point blank by a 21-year-old man early this morning in Moreh. She has been identified as Nengneingah Khongsai daughter of Lethang Khongsai, presently staying at her uncle’s place at Gilgan village. The deceased girl was a student of class 9 at Mount Moreh Public School. The accused is identified as Sasat Haokip, 21 years son of Thanglet Haokip from Chavangphai village in Moreh. The incident occurred this morning around 5 at Gilgan Khul, Moreh Gate Number 1. Family members rushed towards the room on hearing the gun shots and found Nengneingah lying on the sofa. They saw a man running away from the house. Family members shouted for help and the neighbours rushed out of their homes. The people informed the police who had come to pick up the girl's body that Sasat was hiding in one of the houses in the neighbourhood. OC of Moreh police station, H. Chaoba and J. Baite arrested Sasat from the house where he was hiding. Police also recovered a country made 9 mm pistol with 3 live rounds from the spot. Nengneingah was shot in the forehead. Family members suspected one sided love angle behind the murder. Tension erupted when the people stormed the Moreh police station when the police was taking the accused to Imphal. of the locality tried to stop the police when they were trying to take Sasat to Imphal. Police sources said Sasat is a cadre of the banned militant outfit, Kuki National Army, KNA. Shops in Moreh downed the shutters against the killing.
In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.