Imphal, 23 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was allegedly shot point blank by a 21-year-old man early this morning in Moreh. She has been identified as Nengneingah Khongsai daughter of Lethang Khongsai, presently staying at her uncle’s place at Gilgan village. The deceased girl was a student of class 9 at Mount Moreh Public School. The accused is identified as Sasat Haokip, 21 years son of Thanglet Haokip from Chavangphai village in Moreh. The incident occurred this morning around 5 at Gilgan Khul, Moreh Gate Number 1. Family members rushed towards the room on hearing the gun shots and found Nengneingah lying on the sofa. They saw a man running away from the house. Family members shouted for help and the neighbours rushed out of their homes. The people informed the police who had come to pick up the girl's body that Sasat was hiding in one of the houses in the neighbourhood. OC of Moreh police station, H. Chaoba and J. Baite arrested Sasat from the house where he was hiding. Police also recovered a country made 9 mm pistol with 3 live rounds from the spot. Nengneingah was shot in the forehead. Family members suspected one sided love angle behind the murder. Tension erupted when the people stormed the Moreh police station when the police was taking the accused to Imphal. of the locality tried to stop the police when they were trying to take Sasat to Imphal. Police sources said Sasat is a cadre of the banned militant outfit, Kuki National Army, KNA. Shops in Moreh downed the shutters against the killing.
In a shocking incident a 15-year old girl was shot dead in Moreh, family suspects one sided love angle behind the murder
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.