Imphal, 22 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The United NGOs Mission Manipur-UNMM along with Centre for Social Development-CSD, Human Rights Alert-HRA, North East Dialogue Forum-NEDF organised one day symposium on “Dialogue on establishing an effective Manipur State Human Rights Commission” at Classic Grande today. Speaking at the event, Executive Director of Human Rights Alert-HRA, Babloo Loitongbam said the symposium was organised to discuss how to make the new State Human Rights Commission a full fledged one. The programme attended by civil society organisations of both the hills and valley, made various recommendations on how to make the commission function well and protect the rights of the people. Former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court, W.A Shishak, Senior Advocate Khaidem Mani, former Chief Minister, Radhabinod Koijam and leaders of various civil society organisations attended the programme.
One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.