Imphal, 22 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The United NGOs Mission Manipur-UNMM along with Centre for Social Development-CSD, Human Rights Alert-HRA, North East Dialogue Forum-NEDF organised one day symposium on “Dialogue on establishing an effective Manipur State Human Rights Commission” at Classic Grande today. Speaking at the event, Executive Director of Human Rights Alert-HRA, Babloo Loitongbam said the symposium was organised to discuss how to make the new State Human Rights Commission a full fledged one. The programme attended by civil society organisations of both the hills and valley, made various recommendations on how to make the commission function well and protect the rights of the people. Former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court, W.A Shishak, Senior Advocate Khaidem Mani, former Chief Minister, Radhabinod Koijam and leaders of various civil society organisations attended the programme.
One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Tibetan Spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama arrives in Imphal, he will address International Peace Conference
- Indian Team star goalkeeper at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Dheeraj Moirangthem returned home
- 6th Meeyamgi Numit held at Chief Minister’s Secretariat
- Kuki channel launched under Impact TV's Impact Indigene Channel
- 7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.