Imphal, 22 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The United NGOs Mission Manipur-UNMM along with Centre for Social Development-CSD, Human Rights Alert-HRA, North East Dialogue Forum-NEDF organised one day symposium on “Dialogue on establishing an effective Manipur State Human Rights Commission” at Classic Grande today. Speaking at the event, Executive Director of Human Rights Alert-HRA, Babloo Loitongbam said the symposium was organised to discuss how to make the new State Human Rights Commission a full fledged one. The programme attended by civil society organisations of both the hills and valley, made various recommendations on how to make the commission function well and protect the rights of the people. Former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court, W.A Shishak, Senior Advocate Khaidem Mani, former Chief Minister, Radhabinod Koijam and leaders of various civil society organisations attended the programme.
One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MAHUD Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar appeals to Manipuri women to give up Kwa Zarda
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Laal, Biren appeals for women's participation in efforts to bring harmony in Manipur
- Lack of adequate Infrastructure at Women's ITI centre at Takyel creates apprehensions among the students regarding their trainings outcome
- All Manipur DPC completed re - recruitment candidate Of police Constable Male, 2016 K.Jayenta Singh Batch withdraws its call for statewide total shut down
- CM has stated that more police check posts will be constructed at different places of the state
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.