Imphal, 22 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The United NGOs Mission Manipur-UNMM along with Centre for Social Development-CSD, Human Rights Alert-HRA, North East Dialogue Forum-NEDF organised one day symposium on “Dialogue on establishing an effective Manipur State Human Rights Commission” at Classic Grande today. Speaking at the event, Executive Director of Human Rights Alert-HRA, Babloo Loitongbam said the symposium was organised to discuss how to make the new State Human Rights Commission a full fledged one. The programme attended by civil society organisations of both the hills and valley, made various recommendations on how to make the commission function well and protect the rights of the people. Former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court, W.A Shishak, Senior Advocate Khaidem Mani, former Chief Minister, Radhabinod Koijam and leaders of various civil society organisations attended the programme.
One day dialogue on establishing Manipur State Human Rights Commission stresses need to protect human rights
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.