Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The govt has been urged to frame a policy soon to protect and preserve the endangered Manipuri Pony. Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs of Manipur has called for people's active cooperation to save the Manipuri pony. Addressing the journalists at Manipur Press Club today, Chairman of the Co-ordinating Committee, Ningthoukhongjam Bedajit urged the govt to reserve grazing fields and habitat for the endangered animal. He cautioned that the Manipuri pony despite its significance in Manipur's civilisation is on the verge of extinction and might disappear sooner or later if serious measures are not taken to protect the animal.
Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.