Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The govt has been urged to frame a policy soon to protect and preserve the endangered Manipuri Pony. Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs of Manipur has called for people's active cooperation to save the Manipuri pony. Addressing the journalists at Manipur Press Club today, Chairman of the Co-ordinating Committee, Ningthoukhongjam Bedajit urged the govt to reserve grazing fields and habitat for the endangered animal. He cautioned that the Manipuri pony despite its significance in Manipur's civilisation is on the verge of extinction and might disappear sooner or later if serious measures are not taken to protect the animal.
Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.