Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The govt has been urged to frame a policy soon to protect and preserve the endangered Manipuri Pony. Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs of Manipur has called for people's active cooperation to save the Manipuri pony. Addressing the journalists at Manipur Press Club today, Chairman of the Co-ordinating Committee, Ningthoukhongjam Bedajit urged the govt to reserve grazing fields and habitat for the endangered animal. He cautioned that the Manipuri pony despite its significance in Manipur's civilisation is on the verge of extinction and might disappear sooner or later if serious measures are not taken to protect the animal.
Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
- Students sustain injury as agitating students burn effigies and storm CM’s bungalow
- Parent of class 10 Board exam ranker slams BOSEM's statement on settlement of marks' miscalculation
- CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
- MU stir likely to intensify as students, teachers and staff of the University launch relay hunger strike today
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.