Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The govt has been urged to frame a policy soon to protect and preserve the endangered Manipuri Pony. Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs of Manipur has called for people's active cooperation to save the Manipuri pony. Addressing the journalists at Manipur Press Club today, Chairman of the Co-ordinating Committee, Ningthoukhongjam Bedajit urged the govt to reserve grazing fields and habitat for the endangered animal. He cautioned that the Manipuri pony despite its significance in Manipur's civilisation is on the verge of extinction and might disappear sooner or later if serious measures are not taken to protect the animal.
Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.