Imphal, 16 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : The govt has been urged to frame a policy soon to protect and preserve the endangered Manipuri Pony. Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs of Manipur has called for people's active cooperation to save the Manipuri pony. Addressing the journalists at Manipur Press Club today, Chairman of the Co-ordinating Committee, Ningthoukhongjam Bedajit urged the govt to reserve grazing fields and habitat for the endangered animal. He cautioned that the Manipuri pony despite its significance in Manipur's civilisation is on the verge of extinction and might disappear sooner or later if serious measures are not taken to protect the animal.
Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
- Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor denies corruption allegation, says govt has accepted his resignation
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.