Imphal, 09 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor has denied corruption allegation against him that he was involved in the Manipur development society, MDS scam. Refuting the allegation made by a local TV channel, the former chief secretary today told the media that his transfer was not in any way related to the handing over of the MDS case to the CBI by the state Govt as claimed by the local TV channel. Nabakishore said the Chief Secretary is an Ex-Officio Chairman of MDS and that the role of the Chief Secretary is to chair the of meetings of the MDS. He claimed that the accounts of MDS were not operated by the Chief Secretary during his time and that it was operated by Project Director / Administrative Officer. He maintained that as a chief secretary he committed no errors. Nabakishore said there were loopholes in MDS before he took over. He added that the vigilance department was requested to look into the matter. After the new Govt took over, the CBI was asked to take over the case from the Vigilance dept in May this year. Nabakishor said the details will be revealed after the CBI enquiry. He said the news would have been complete had the local TV Channel revealed the source of the information. Meanwhile, the Govt has accepted his Voluntary Retirement.
Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor denies corruption allegation, says govt has accepted his resignation
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Former Vice Chancellor of MU, H. Tombi expresses apprehension over demographic imbalance; says Meitei/Meetei may soon become minority
- CM Biren opens the 3rd Annual Convention for enhancing ties between Indian and ASEAN Countries
- Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur's class 12 examination, 2018 begins today; allegedly leaked question paper turns out to be fake
- Ministers including CM Biren give best wishes to students appearing in class 10 and 12 examinations 2018
- State wide 42- hour bandh called by Kangleipak Communists Party (KCP) Military Council affects normal life in Manipur
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.