Imphal, 09 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor has denied corruption allegation against him that he was involved in the Manipur development society, MDS scam. Refuting the allegation made by a local TV channel, the former chief secretary today told the media that his transfer was not in any way related to the handing over of the MDS case to the CBI by the state Govt as claimed by the local TV channel. Nabakishore said the Chief Secretary is an Ex-Officio Chairman of MDS and that the role of the Chief Secretary is to chair the of meetings of the MDS. He claimed that the accounts of MDS were not operated by the Chief Secretary during his time and that it was operated by Project Director / Administrative Officer. He maintained that as a chief secretary he committed no errors. Nabakishore said there were loopholes in MDS before he took over. He added that the vigilance department was requested to look into the matter. After the new Govt took over, the CBI was asked to take over the case from the Vigilance dept in May this year. Nabakishor said the details will be revealed after the CBI enquiry. He said the news would have been complete had the local TV Channel revealed the source of the information. Meanwhile, the Govt has accepted his Voluntary Retirement.
Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor denies corruption allegation, says govt has accepted his resignation
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Minor who created fake accounts of girls on social media caught
- Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
- President Ram Nath Kovind arrives in Imphal to inaugurate North East Development Summit and Sangai Festival 2017
- Open dialogue on framework agreement espouses the concept of protecting Manipur’s exclusiveness, polity and flexibility
- PARENTS URGE KANGLEIPAL TO TAKE UP CAUSE, NOT SELF-IMMOLATE
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.