Imphal, 09 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor has denied corruption allegation against him that he was involved in the Manipur development society, MDS scam. Refuting the allegation made by a local TV channel, the former chief secretary today told the media that his transfer was not in any way related to the handing over of the MDS case to the CBI by the state Govt as claimed by the local TV channel. Nabakishore said the Chief Secretary is an Ex-Officio Chairman of MDS and that the role of the Chief Secretary is to chair the of meetings of the MDS. He claimed that the accounts of MDS were not operated by the Chief Secretary during his time and that it was operated by Project Director / Administrative Officer. He maintained that as a chief secretary he committed no errors. Nabakishore said there were loopholes in MDS before he took over. He added that the vigilance department was requested to look into the matter. After the new Govt took over, the CBI was asked to take over the case from the Vigilance dept in May this year. Nabakishor said the details will be revealed after the CBI enquiry. He said the news would have been complete had the local TV Channel revealed the source of the information. Meanwhile, the Govt has accepted his Voluntary Retirement.
Former chief secretary Oinam Nabakishor denies corruption allegation, says govt has accepted his resignation
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Co-ordinating Committee of Polo Clubs urges govt to frame policy to save Manipuri pony
- 2 Congress MLAs Ksh. Biren and P. Brojen join BJP along with two MPCC office bearers
- H1N1 virus detected in Manipur, Health minister Jayentakumar says the infected person is admitted at Shija hospitals
- Local liquor and beer bottles from Moreh market were seized
- Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren launches free Computer Training Programme
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.