Imphal, 09 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren once again reiterated that the govt will build houses for flood victims affected by the present flood in the state. The chief minister this morning visited the flood hit areas in Khurai in Khurai Constituency. He was accompanied by Khurai MLA, L. Sushildro and IFCD officials. The chief minister provided financial assistance to flood victims who are taking shelter at relief camps. Talking to media persons during the visit, Biren assured that houses will be constructed for the flood affected families. He said dredging of rivers across the state will be carried out to prevent flash floods in future. Biren also said measures will be taken to clean the drainages. He appealed to the people to help maintain the drainages as well as govt alone cannot be responsible for developmental works. Biren said the state Govt has urged the centre to provide 12 thousand metric tonne of rice to help the flood victims. Replying to an Impact News query on Tripartite talks, the chief minister said talks will be held soon and that the talks will be a Political Dialogue. He maintained that they will not necessarily focus on agreement or disagreement on a demand.
Chief Minister Biren reiterates that govt will build houses for flood victims during his visit to flood hit areas in Khurai
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.