Imphal, 04 July 2017 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren announced that the Government will take steps to bring the drug addicts in the state back to normalcy. Chief Minister, Biren handed over 47 Drug addicts to different rehabilitation centres under the aegis of Social welfare department and also appointed IG (Administration) Dr S Ibomcha as the Nodal Officer as part of the Government’s initiative to bring the addicts to a right path.On the occasion, Biren also gave instruction to Social Welfare Department to work together with the Police Department. Chief Minister today interacted with the drug addicts and parents at an event held at Banquet Hall of 1st Manipur Rifles and listened to their opinions and issues. Speaking to media persons, Chief Minister said the number of drug abusers are increasing in the state and it is very unfortunate that many youths are fallen into the temptation of drugs. He said the Government aims to band all intoxicating substances and drugs in the state and to bring the drug abusers back to normal life. He further said Police Department along with the Social welfare department is now required to arrest the addicts and rehabilitate them. He appealed to the people, NGOs under social department to support the Government’s initiative to wipe out drug and its abuse completely from the state. DGP of Manipur Police, Principal Secretary of Social Welfare Department, Director of Social Welfare Department and top officials were present at the event.
GOVT NOW AIMS AT GETTING DRUG ADDICTS BACK TO NORMAL LIVES
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.