Imphal, 02 July 2017 ( Evening News ) :With most of the rivers flowing above danger level following the incessant rains in the last couple of days, the bank of the Kongba river breached at two different places flooding several houses in the area. The bank breached at Kongba Erong and Ucheckon Lai Moriba last mid night around 1 AM. Locals along with PWD Minister Thongam Biswajit who is also the local MLA tried to block the over flowing since last night. The river breached its bank at Kongba Erong while the people were trying to block the overflowing water. Bashikhong and other areas of Thongju constituency have been inundated by river water. Minister Biswajit along with the personnel of Singjamei Police, Porompat Police and Erilbung Police attempted to block the water. No officials of the IFCD have arrived at the site till the time of this reporting. Meanwhile, relief camps have been set up in Thongju constituency under the supervision of Minister Biswajit.
Several areas submerged as Kongba river breaches at Kongba Erong and Ucheckon Lai Moriba
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MLA Joykishan slams Delhi Government's indifference to people of the North-East
- Traffic violators fined during Mega Traffic Lok Adalat, people asked to follow traffic rules to prevent accidents
- Coalition for Indigenes Rights Campaign Manipur observes National Repentance Day at Manipur palace
- Students injured as police baton-charge AMSU protestors demanding release of MOBC scholarship
- India will not develop without the development of the north east region: Babul Supriyo
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.